Thursday, August 20, 2009

What We've Been Up To This Summer

Time has a way of passing by without notice, at least that is how I feel this year. Lots has happened since I last posted, but I really don't know where the time has gone. Perhaps it is all the rain that we've had that has made my days all blend together. It is like summer never came at all this year and the new school year is just a week and a half away.
This spring I tried to take the challenge set before me of taking a photo at day ("Project 365"-on facebook), but I only lasted a month or so. I did however; take some pretty creative photos. My children became interested in the photos I was taking and started snapping some of their own. I have to admit that a few of their pics are really, really good.

The antler photo is an example of one of the photos my youngest daughter took. She is nine years old. Pretty impressive if I do say so myself. She took quite a few photos, but this one is my favorite. Digital cameras are great for taking lots of pictures and then weeding out the less than perfect photos.


I also built those window boxes this summer that I talked about earlier in my blog. I never built them before because of a lack of cofidence in myself, but this year I just went ahead and did it. I decided to add shutters to the windows of my shed as well. My husband came home and was surprised and impressed. He said he always knew I could do it, I just had to find that out for myself.


We have also been working on the front yard this summer. We moved our small fish pond a bit further out from the house and added a second one with a waterfall inbetween the two. We also have been pouring a patio infront of the house. It's been a slow process, but I feel it will look good once we are finished.


1 comment:

  1. Like your pics Tammy...your window boxes and shutters look great on your shed. Very rustic...I like it.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you! Just drop me a note.