Friday, March 20, 2009

Ice Fishing

Ice fishing season will soon be over for the year. The days are getting warmer and the ice is slowly disappearing. My family went out onto the ice Wednesday for our final ice fishing outing. It was great weather for us, but not so great for catching fish. There were 19 members of my family out on the ice and only 2 small fish caught. During the day it warmed up so much that the top layer of ice, on the river, turned to slush under our feet and it was threatening to let go of the shore where we originally crossed to get out to the ice shack. I am not sure how my uncle will be getting the shack back off, but he better hurry up.

Fishing isn't the only thing we did that day. There was a lot of talking and laughing and eating. The kids went sledding on one side of the river, (the side with snow) and climbed rocks on the other side of the river (the side without snow). My daughter and I took some photos of our day that we would like to share.


1 comment:

  1. Ice Fishing is a once in awhile activity for me. I didn't really know what to say about it so as to bore everyone so I just kept it short.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you! Just drop me a note.