Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Mini Seasons

Today, while at my parent's place, I couldn't help but think about the changing seasons. We were outside having a wiener roast and I noticed that the melting snow had created a lot of mud around their yard. My young nephew had mud right up to his knees. This in between time of year is very a dirty and messy time of year. Winter isn't quite over and spring hasn't quite begun. We should almost have names for these mini seasons. Anyway, it got me thinking of a poem I wrote many years ago, waaaaayyyy back when I was 15, a poem about the changing seasons. I thought I would share it with you.

Where Has It Gone?

Where has the winter gone?
The land of ice and snow,
The season full of Christmas Cheer,
Oh where did it go?

Gone, is the lovely spring,
The gentle breeze that blows my hair,
It kissed every child's cheek,
Does anybody care?

Where has the summer gone?
The dandelions swaying to and fro,
The golden sand on the nice warm beach,
Oh where did it go?

Gone is the cool crisp fall,
The trees are now all bare,
The colourful leaves have hidden themselves.
Does anybody care?

Tammy (Clelland) Meulemeester

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you! Just drop me a note.